Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking interns to work on advancing our real-world augmented reality (AR) games and our developer platform. You’ll grow your skills quickly while being mentored by an experienced team of server, gaming, mobile, and full-stack engineers. Our technical challenges include data consistency across distributed systems, creating compelling gameplay for a global userbase working with geo data at scale, and innovating in augmented reality. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of augmented reality and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a userbase in the billions. Come empower players on a game board consisting of the entire world!
- Design and implement new features and improvements that make a positive impact on billions of users.
- Develop well-tuned code that may be included as part of our next software release.
- Work closely with new and emerging technologies in the real-world AR gaming space.
- Graduating in 2020 or 2021 with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous internship experience as a software engineer.
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Proven understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and tools (e.g., programming proficiency in an object-oriented language, algorithms and data structures).
- You love Augmented Reality.
- You helped to build scalable systems, games, or web experiences in your previous internships.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.