The Niantic Player Support Team provides global customer support while leveraging tools to ensure a high-quality gameplay experience for tens of millions of users. The Player Support team is seeking an APAC Player Support Specialist who has expertise in operational management in Japan. You will represent APAC support needs and implement new policies and processes for new and existing products. You will also be responsible for vendor management, localization and data operations. You will collaborate with different individuals across the organization and geographies, and be willing to "roll-up your sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Be the point of contact for our APAC support agents; this includes, but is not limited to, answering policy questions, reviewing and implementing suggestions for process improvements, and following escalation protocols.
- Manage, maintain, and improve all internal support documentation such as workflows, policies, training materials, etc.
- Analyze and review data shared by our vendors as well as prepare comprehensive reports to present relevant findings to cross-functional, internal, and external teams.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more efficiently and effectively manage the global support processes.
- Handle highly sensitive customer escalations via email and occasionally raise issues to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Manage the localization vendors and ensure they meet the quality and SLA metrics.
- BA/BS degree.
- Exceptional verbal and written Japanese and English communication skills.
- 3+ years of operations/customer support work experience with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value and experience with scalable support (mobile apps and gaming support a plus).
- Logical thinker with strong problem solving skills and an ability to make trade-offs.
- Strong vendor management skills; proactively identify and resolve issues to meet objectives.
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects and communicate cross-functionally and across geographies with all levels.
- Team player and self-starter with great interpersonal skills and a solution-oriented attitude.
- Effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and articulate operational needs and issues to engineering and product teams.
- You have experience using customer service software and tools.
- You have fluency in Korean and/or Chinese.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.