Niantic’s QA Engineering team is seeking a QA Engineering Lead who will be responsible for leading the QA efforts on one of our games or core Niantic technology stacks. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. You will be responsible for executing an end-to-end test plan, ensuring that all objectives are met and the solution works as expected. You will be responsible for working closely with other QA team members, QA manager, and our production team to deliver high quality experiences to our players.
- Build and manage testing estimates, schedules, timelines, bug analytics/metrics, and mitigation plans.
- Manage game testing and integration across Niantic’s technologies and platform.
- Collaborate with our TPMs to interface with external QA resources and with the development team to track defects during feature development.
- Drive the development and execution of test cases and suites for new features.
- Report project testing efforts to our project leads and production team.
- Work with the QA leadership team on QA process improvements.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical major with a minimum of 5 years of software QA experience.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Experience leading, building, and designing test strategies for game and consumer-facing products.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively as part of a team.
- You have one or more years of mobile testing/QA experience.
- You have passion for mobile devices and mobile gaming.
- You have experience writing test automation/scripts.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.