Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a new graduate to make the next stage of augmented reality experiences for large-scale mobile gaming a reality. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Productionize computer vision research for use in Niantic’s consumer client-server games and applications.
- Discover ways to harden and robustify computer vision algorithms at the intersection of research and engineering.
- Build computer vision products into Niantic’s augmented reality platform from the bleeding edge of research innovations.
- Graduating in 2019 with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in computer science or a related field, with focus on computer vision, robotics or deep learning.
- You have practical and academic experience developing algorithms and systems that leverage computer vision for augmented/mixed reality.
- Experience in C++ and OpenCV or other computer vision libraries.
- Experience with any type of parallel programming (GPU/VPU, multi-core or distributed systems).
- You have knowledge of computer vision geometry for 3D pose estimation and tracking.
- You have experience building production computer vision or deep learning systems.
- You have experience with a deep learning framework (Tensorflow, Caffe, PyTorch).
- You have publications in a top tier conference such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, ICLR, ICML.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.