Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to enrich our experiences as human beings in the physical world. We build products that inspire movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People Operations team is at the forefront of that mission. Humans are fascinating - and can pose a great challenge. We need you for this challenge. We need you to be a champion of our culture by partnering with leaders to help them make decisions aligned with our culture. By leveraging data, HR best practices, and a deft approach, you’ll dive in assertively to sticky situations, resolving issues and providing solutions that scale. You’ll use your insights on human psychology and org design to get the root of complicated issues and guide others to work together to solve them. You’ll help the rest of the People Operations team by making our processes better.
- Be the People Operations go-to for Seattle. Be a collaborative partner that has a strong pulse of the office, a trusted partner to employees and leaders, and an influencer for our broader People Operations team.
- Be a trusted thought partner with our Seattle team to deeply understand the business and solve complex issues through a people lens. Using a data-driven approach, develop a short and long term plan for the organization to ensure we continue to scale and achieve ambitious goals.
- Provide expertise in key people domains including org design, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, total rewards, learning and development, recruiting etc., with ease, finding the right balance between what's right for the employee and Niantic. Be a confidant and coach across Seattle, to drive individual development, continuous improvement, and high performing teams.
- Drive change through people programs. Contribute to the design and lead the rollout of key people programs (e.g., engagement action planning, performance management, compensation planning, development etc.) for the Seattle teams, while also influencing the continuous improvement of these programs.
- Be a leader, and help us build. Provide a key interface between the People teams and the Seattle office; ensuring People programs and activities are integrated into the way the business operates and client insights are leveraged to influence the development of People programs. Anticipate and contribute to developing frameworks and processes to help us scale quickly.
- BA/BS degree and/or 8+ years of HR business partner, generalist or equivalent experience.
- With particular experience in: organization design, coaching, diversity and inclusion, talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, compensation and total rewards, talent management and/or conflict resolution.
- You’re self-motivated, curious, highly collaborative, cool under pressure, can add levity to decompress tense situations, persistent in getting to the root of problems (and executing on solutions that solve them), and use great judgment - even in complex situations.
- You have a MA/MS (ideally in HR, IO Psych, or related field) or MBA degree.
- You have experience partnering with Engineering, Product Management or technical client groups.
- You have experience in a high-growth environment, with an emphasis on building and scaling.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.