Niantic’s Engineering Team seeks a Site Reliability Engineer to support our development, test and production teams through the managing and building of Niantic’s infrastructure, systems and services. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Build infrastructure to support AWS-based Cloud services and infrastructure.
- Manage all infrastructure and configuration as well as ensuring systems & services are leveraging best practices & standards.
- Partner with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient online services.
- Enhance monitoring of systems, services and hardware to enable expedient identify of issues.
- Being smart, dedicated, self-motivated, positive, friendly, and ready to learn and teach.
- Rapidly gathering, understanding, prototyping and creating effective solutions for complex requirements.
- Working effectively and aggressively in a team environment with tight deadlines and baffling challenges.
- Interfacing with a diverse, complex team of highly experienced artists, engineers and designers.
- Work with developers and engineering leads to advocate for operational improvements in our software stack.
- Develop & update system documentation to ensure high levels of supportability for Production.
- Investigate & resolve performance and functional issues with our service stack as well as upstream/downstream systems.
- You have a college degree with 2-5 years of experience in Console, Casual, or Social Gaming, and 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services, especially with EC2, ELB and RDS services.
- You are proficient in Java.
- You have used Puppet to manage and deploy code in a production environment.
- You have Linux experience, with either an Ubuntu or Debian focus.
- You have experience with RabbitMQ or another AMQP implementation.
- You are familiar with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby and Bash.
- You are proficient in Jersey, Grizzly and Tyrus.
- You have experience in Java deployments.
- You have experience in perforce code management
- You have experience in RESTful APIs and Websocket transport protocols.
- You have experience in Terraform infrastructure management.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.