Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to partner with our Data Scientists and Product Engineers to build machine learning systems to analyze and predict user behavior, detect fraud and cheating, understand key gameplay behaviors, and surface product features and recommendations. As a Data Engineer on our team, you will be directly contributing to creating incredible gameplay experiences and promoting Niantic’s mission of bringing gameplay into the real world. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of Augmented Reality (AR) and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Collaborate with data scientists and product and engineering team members to train machine learning models.
- Design and build efficient databases to ingest and transform data and apply machine learning and data mining techniques to a variety of modeling and relevance problems involving our players.
- Aggregate data across a wide variety of sources to identify patterns and features necessary to build machine learning models for prediction and forecasting.
- Develop, scale, and maintain the necessary infrastructure to run and maintain our machine learning algorithms.
- You have 3+ years of relevant industry experience plus a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science with a focus on data modeling, artificial intelligence, machine learning, high performance computing, or a related field.
- You are fluent in one or more object oriented languages like Java, Scala, C++.
- You have experience with a large scale or distributed programming framework (Dataflow, Spark or Hadoop) and with ML frameworks such as (sklearn, TensorFlow/Caffe/PyTorch, H2O).
- You have not only built and deployed machine learning models but also architected machine learning data pipelines and scoring systems.
- You have publications in a top tier conference such as NIPS, ICLR, ICML,ECML, AAAI, AISTATS, SIGKDD, SIGMOD.
- You have data modeling experience on anti-fraud or social engineering projects.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.