Niantic supports one of the most diverse user bases in the world, and we’re seeking an experienced and talented colleague to lead our D&I programs. As our Diversity & Inclusion Program Manager, you will be leading all of our company programs, events and initiatives designed to increase diversity at every level of the company and further our deep cultural commitment to inclusivity and belonging. As a direct report into our VP of People and member of the People team, you’ll be an important voice and advocate both internally and externally to ensure we best represent the communities we live in and serve.
- Collaborating on, and implementing, Niantic’s global D&I strategy across the company.
- Developing and reporting on metrics for measuring the effectiveness of our D&I initiatives to ensure we are making meaningful and actionable progress.
- Providing strategic direction & partnership on D&I issues with key stakeholders throughout the company.
- Coaching Managers, Directors, VPs and Execs through inclusion situations as they come up, ultimately helping them become more effective allies.
- Being a resource and voice for employees of different backgrounds (and our affinity groups) to ensure their perspectives are represented in key organizational decisions.
- Working closely with the Recruiting team (and our D&I / University Recruiter) to ensure diversity strategies are fully embedded in all recruiting processes, and that we have robust pipelines of candidates from all backgrounds, at all stages of the interview process.
- Create and manage partnerships with external organizations to increase community engagement through event programming.
- Speaking at local and national events on the topic to help promote Niantic as a company that fully appreciates and values diversity.
- Developing and facilitating D&I education sessions for Niantic staff.
- An authentic commitment to diversity and desire to advocate for more inclusive approaches to People operations & development.
- Experience leading and working on D&I programs / initiatives with demonstrated success at driving positive change.
- Demonstrable competency in metrics and analytics - you credibly build a case for change (and conveying progress in D&I efforts) through savvy visualization of data.
- Experience coaching and influencing leaders with ability to vary style based on the leader.
- Technical curiosity and knowledge of emerging best practice trends in D&I programs and events.
- An excellent communicator and collaborator.
- A deep sense of empathy. You connect well with employees of all levels and understand their needs.
- A belief in a People-first approach to building teams and driving effective performance across the organization.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.