The Niantic Player Support Team provides global customer support while leveraging tools to ensure a high-quality gameplay experience for tens of millions of users. As a part of this team, you will work closely with the Vendor Manager to collaborate with individuals across different functions and within various geographies to provide excellent operational support for Niantic’s location based gaming products.
- Be the point of contact for our support agents; this includes, but is not limited to, answering policy questions, reviewing and implementing suggestions for process improvements, and following escalation protocols.
- Manage, maintain, and improve all internal support documentation such as workflows, policies, training materials, etc.
- Analyze and review data shared by our vendors as well as prepare comprehensive reports to present relevant findings to cross-functional, internal, and external teams.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more efficiently and effectively manage the global support processes.
- Handle highly sensitive customer escalations via email and occasionally raise issues to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ year(s) of experience in streamlining and scaling customer support and operations.
- Outstanding problem solver with a customer focus.
- Strong analytical skills with proficient knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
- Team player and self-starter with a positive, interpersonal attitude, and an ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Passion for Niantic’s mission and products.
- Experience using customer service software and tools.
- Fluency in an another language.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.