We’re looking for an innovative marketer to help us tell the Niantic story. Our real-world AR platform is designed to enable software developers to create shared worlds seamlessly blended with the real world and is built on a foundation proven to scale to hundreds of millions of users, managing shared state, communication, security, maps, and AR functionality. As the Niantic Platform PMM, you will work closely with our Product Management and Engineering teams to properly position the Niantic Platform in the market and devise marketing strategies and tactics to tell future customers about it, particularly 3rd party software development teams interested in building innovative applications upon it. Part creative, part analytical, this role will make you flex your strategic and tactical muscles as you create assets, collateral, communications and campaigns to help drive the Niantic mission of getting people out in the real world for ‘adventures on foot with others’. In this role you’ll experience meticulous learning and development, mentoring from senior leaders in the company, and opportunities to gain exposure to different products. And, most importantly, you’ll have tons of fun.
- Work with the Product Management and Engineering teams to craft product positioning and key messaging for the Niantic Platform, taking into account the product roadmap as well as any relevant factors from the external marketplace / landscape.
- Help conduct market research, as needed, that offers insights into the attributes and needs of existing and potential customers. Use this research and other relevant data to help Product Management team identify opportunities and/or gaps in our Platform product roadmap and help author new business requirements, when appropriate.
- Define and execute new product/feature launches and/or marketing campaigns in close coordination with internal cross-functional partners including Product Management, Engineering, Global Product Marketing (game-specific), Business Development/Partnerships, Operations/Customer Support, Communications and Community Management teams.
- Help drive content development including but not limited to product messaging and benefits, tech blogs, white papers, case studies, social posts, email copy and videos.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant. Conduct ROI analyses on all developer-facing marketing campaigns and apply learnings to future programs.
- Work with the CMO and VP of Communications to integrate the Niantic Platform-specific messaging and value proposition into our broader Niantic brand communications and programs, including identifying and helping define our participation at key industry conferences/events (ie, GDC, E3, GamesCom, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration (Master’s preferred), or a related field.
- 6-10 years of relevant developer-facing marketing experience in areas including:
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market and competitive dynamics.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products, customers, and market dynamics.
- Developer-specific community management, including engaging with developers via online forums, social media channels, meetups, hack-a-thons, trade shows and industry conferences.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics is a must, ideally in the fast growing AR (augmented reality) space.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic and competitive position in the market.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.