At Niantic, we're passionate about real world, social, mobile games which encourage people to go on adventures on foot with others, and we're seeking a talented operations specialist for Niantic’s location-based products. As a part of our team, you will collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within various geographies. You should be willing to roll up your sleeves in order to accomplish all necessary tasks; you are someone who constantly seeks solutions to problems and evaluates ways to more efficiently and effectively manage and scale our APAC programs and operations.
- Provide excellent operational support for Niantic’s location based gaming products.
- Collaborate with different individuals across the organization and geographies to represent APAC support needs and implement new policies and processes.
- Perform key tasks including but not limited to vendor management, process development, and data analysis.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more efficiently and effectively manage the global support processes.
- BA/BS degree.
- 3+ years of operations/customer support work experience with a demonstrated track record delivering business value and experience with scalable support (mobile apps and gaming support a plus). Prior experience in driving innovation and scaling operations/customer support desired.
- Demonstrated metrics and quantitative analytical skills, with a proven ability to turn findings into actionable plans. Database querying skills (SQL or Python script) are a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written English and Japanese communication skills (Korean and/or Mandarin are a plus).
- Logical thinker with strong problem solving skills and an ability to make trade-offs.
- Strong vendor management skills; proactively identify and resolve issues to meet objectives.
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects and communicate cross-functionally and across geographies with all levels.
- Team player and self-starter with great interpersonal skills and a solution-oriented attitude, and an ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and articulate operational needs and issues to engineering and product teams.
- Passion for Niantic’s mission and products.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.