Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to build intuitive web applications that let millions of users view and submit data on the world’s most interesting locations. You will work with a proven team of mobile and server developers to gather and display geolocation data at scale. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Create well-designed, reusable systems that can be shared across Niantic’s web applications.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, operations, marketing and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with server-side technologies, such as Java or Python.
- You have created web applications involving manipulation of geospatial, customer management or analytics data.
- You have worked on websites that are cross-device and browser compatible.
- You thrive in a rigorous engineering environment, and you have an eye for detail.
- You’re eager to work in a fast-growth environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.