At NewStore it is our mission to provide amazing shopping experiences, whether online or in a physical store. Our cloud platform is used by retailers in over 40+ countries enabling people to enjoy effortless shopping.
About the Job
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our Partner Enablement Team. NewStore's customers are omnichannel direct-to-consumer retail brands, with hundreds of stores. Each one of these retail brands has a unique set of third-party systems that the NewStore platform needs to integrate with by importing and exporting data, and receiving and executing commands.
The main responsibility of the Integrations Ecosystem team is to create a platform for allowing third-party developers to easily set up and integrate NewStore with other systems retailers depend on, such as e-commerce systems like Salesforce Commerce, Shopify, payment systems, shipping systems, and other custom systems.
Our ideal candidate is a strong technical leader who has a passion for building cloud-based SaaS infrastructure and is able to come up with practical, simple solutions to complex problems. In this role, you would be responsible for shaping our architecture to scale with our growing business needs and making sure to reduce the complexity of our codebase in order to get more done with less work.
Desired Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- Customer-oriented mindset, able to transform business needs into effective technical solutions.
- Experience with systems integration.
- Experience with cloud computing solutions, like AWS.
- Experience with cloud-native and microservice-based architectures.
- Experience working with large codebases and writing robust and testable code.
- Passion for writing robust, testable, and clean code that values readability over complexity.
- Experience in designing, writing, and building with REST APIs.
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, applying new technologies, architectures, and methodologies to improve the code and engineering organization.
- The ability to think on your feet and be able to come up with practical, simple solutions to complex problems.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Stock Options for every employee based on role and level
- Training / Education budget of €2.000, per year
- 4 company-wide additional holidays.
- Employee Referral bonus of €5.000
- Work 100% remotely whenever you want
- Flexible IT equipment at your disposal, like a 16" Macbook, Lenovo, and others.
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
Questions? We'd love to hear from you!