NewStore's mission is to bring joy back to retail by supporting brands to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience for their customers. We enable our retailers to run their stores on iPhones and give the associates the power of doing extraordinary things through cutting-edge technologies.
About the role
The Sr. Sales Engineer, also known as a "Sr. Pre-Sales Engineer" or "Sr. Solutions Consultant," is responsible for providing presales technical and functional support to prospective customers while working closely alongside the sales team.
Duties will include leading both onsite and remote presentations and demos to a wide range of customer roles including VP of Retail, CIO, Store Managers and Customer Service representatives.
The Sr. Sales Engineer will also build proposed solution architectures and integration strategies to address the prospects’ technical and business challenges in launching Omnichannel successfully.
Additional responsibilities will include responding to RFI’s/RFP’s, leading detailed discovery sessions with retailers, supporting implementation partners during their own sales cycles, and creating preliminary SOW’s.
What you’ll do
- Lead technical discussions on integration strategies, APIs and typical data flow patterns
- Respond to RFPs and Security Questionnaires from multiple perspectives – Functional, Architectural and Security
- Demonstrate NewStore’s offerings to prospects and partners
- Evangelize the benefits of NewStore’s omnichannel platform
- Collaborate with all levels of the NewStore organization to develop best practices, identify market opportunities and address unique business use cases
- Lead whiteboard integration/future-state discussions
- Work in collaboration with the partner team to create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of NewStore and drive customer satisfaction
- Identify and recommend appropriate solutions for complex customer needs/requirements on the fly
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of presales experience supporting either Retail or eCommerce offerings
- Ability to successfully operate with minimal supervision
- Experience with OMS, POS and ERP systems are preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred)
- Enjoys working with customers
- Experience working with both internal and 3rd party delivery teams
- Ability to clearly and confidently present in front of large audiences while addressing varying levels of technical knowledge
- Understanding of web services and ability to discuss integrations at the API level with prospects
- A facility for interpreting business needs into technical requirements, and making them accessible to different target groups
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports
- Understand typical retail business processes around sales, inventory and fulfillment
- Experience with mobile programming (ie React Native or Swift) is a bonus!!
- Expected travel ~40%
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!