NewStore is the essential omnichannel store solution for global brands. The company delivers Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the first platform combining POS, order management, clienteling, and inventory. Store operations from endless aisle to mobile checkout to fulfillment are possible with just two remarkably intuitive iPhone apps. NewStore customers include brands such as Burton Snowboards, Decathlon, GANNI, Goorin Bros, Outdoor Voices, and UNTUCKit. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
About the Job
NewStore is looking for a Support Engineer to join our Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling inbound technical support requests from customers via our support portal, email, and chat. They should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The position will require a problem-solving mindset to be able to troubleshoot both user-centric issues as well as platform and integration-related technical problems. Over time, you will be considered an expert in the NewStore platform.
In addition to answering customer inquiries, concerns and questions, you will work closely with internal engineering teams. The position reports to the Director of Technical Support.
You will be working in a versatile, dynamic work environment together with our clients and the project teams both internally and at solution partners. Your goal is to help to build stable and scalable software based on NewStore that fulfills the needs of our clients. To achieve this you will need to be an expert on how to leverage NewStore core functionality as well as how to implement customizations as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service to NewStore customers by providing clear communication, timely response, and proactive solutions.
- Research customer issues and articulate technical issues concisely to engineering teams in case of escalation.
- Manage multiple concurrent customer inquiries and be able to prioritize according to severity and customer business impact.
- Educate customers on the technical capabilities of the platform to help them make the most of the NewStore platform and associated apps.
- Write knowledge base articles to enable customer self-help, as well as internal technical articles for fellow engineers.
- Stay abreast of new product features and functionality as it becomes available.
- Enjoys working with customers.
- 3+ years experience in professional software development or technical support.
- BS in the field of Computer Science, Engineering or comparable experience.
- Strong analytical, empirical troubleshooting and technical debugging skills.
- Experience reviewing and debugging code in various programming and scripting languages.
- Experience with order management & fulfillment business processes, knowledge about the integration of CRM, ERP and financial systems is a plus.
- Strong English language written and verbal communication skills, German a plus.
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
Questions? We'd love to hear from you!