WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Be part of something bigger
Founded by Stephan Schambach, the NewStore mobile retail platform empowers brands to deliver an extraordinary end-to-end shopping experience for consumers. Built entirely from a mobile perspective, it integrates with existing ecommerce platforms. NewStore raises the omnichannel bar with one-touch purchase, scalable clienteling, and on-demand delivery — all optimized for the small screen. The company is located in Boston, New York, and Berlin. For more information, visit www.newstore.com.
Follow your passion
As the Finance Working Student (Werkstudent) at NewStore, you will support the Finance Department and the organization in accounting, controlling and partly doing some office management. You will also work closely with the US Finance Team gaining insights into working with a US based parent company. If you love to hit numbers in your daily work life and have fun with it, we are certainly a good match. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team in a professional and fun fashion.
- You get things done and take ownership. You are open to new ideas, and share your own with candor. You ask: Did I make it better?
- You listen and you propose solutions based on looking at the problem from several different perspectives. You ask: Is this a win-win?
- You respectfully challenge ideas, even when doing so is uncomfortable. You ask: Did I debate and commit?
- You are attentive to details. You plan ahead, but also plan for the unexpected and can be spontaneous to support new daily priorities. You ask: How can I make it better?
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- University enrollment in 4th semester or higher of finance studies (BWL Studium)
- Availability for at least 1 year to support us 20 hrs/week during the semester and 40 hrs/week during the semester breaks
- Fundamental knowledge of Finance and Accounting
- High affinity to accounting and basic understanding of tax topics (e.g. VAT)
- Knowledge of the following tools:
- Strong MS Office Skills, especially Excel
- Google Apps
- Apple products
- Analytical mindset
- Solid communication skills / working English, excellent German
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of local (HGB) and international accounting standards (US-GAAP)
- Basic knowledge of ERP Finance Software (NetSuite)
- Experience with consolidated financial statements
- Previous working experience in a Finance
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Central office location in the heart of Berlin
- Comfortable and casual working environment, including standing desks
- Catered lunch
- Annual Summer Gathering, and additional casual company events throughout the year
The position is Berlin-based.
Questions? Email us at: email@example.com