Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in APAC and has also expanded into the United Kingdom, South Korea and Canada. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world’s first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in several cities across ANZ, three in the United Kingdom, two in South Korea and most recently launched in Canada.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver design concepts and solutions to meet business needs and its intended audience, in varying degrees of fidelity and detail
- Translate research, business requirements and business flow diagrams into user flows, wireframes, visual design mockups and/or functional prototypes
- Participate in projects with very broadly defined concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Work across remote cross-functional teams to bring concepts from ideation to execution
- Work closely with other designers to expand product pattern library, asset libraries and design system
- Prepare clear and detailed design specifications for developers
- Partner with developers to ensure designs are properly implemented
- Other ad hoc responsibilities include: plan experiments for user insights, suggest product or process improvements and generate new ideas
What You'll Need:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in UI and/or UX designing
- Have an eye for deconstructing complex problems into clean, simple human-centered interfaces with clear brand identity
- Solid understanding of design fundamentals including: grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour and typography
- Have deep expertise in UI design supported by a portfolio of projects
- Effective use of visual media eg: iconography, illustration and photography to increase the effectiveness of a design
- Understand front-end development principles and interface guidelines for iOS, Android and Mobile web
- While Figma and Adobe Creative Suite skills are required, we value intellectual curiosity and flexibility to produce the best design artefacts possible
- Strong logical thinking abilities, a creative problem solver with strong attention to details
- Ability to respond positively to potential shifting priorities, demands, and timeline
- A self-starter with a positive “get it done” attitude, able to work independently and as a team
- Believe data, tech and product innovation is fundamental in the creative process
- A relevant design degree/diploma in HCI, interaction design, digital product design or visual communication design is desirable
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
Do More With Less
Both time and resources are finite. Balance your priorities and think strategically about how you can maximise your impact and the return on investment of your resources.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!