Neuron is the leading shared e-scooter company in Australia and New Zealand. Operating in 26 cities internationally we have expanded to the UK, and also Canada where we are the fastest-growing e-scooter operator. Our mission is to partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. Cities are our most important customers and our vision is to help them build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron was founded in Singapore in 2016, we develop our own industry-leading e-scooters which are purpose-built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for the technology that manages them. The company has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety and sustainable operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver design concepts and solutions to meet business needs and its intended audience, in varying degrees of fidelity and detail
- Translate research, business requirements and business flow diagrams into user flows, wireframes, visual design mockups and/or functional prototypes
- Participate in projects with very broadly defined concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Work across remote cross-functional teams to bring concepts from ideation to execution
- Work closely with other designers to expand product pattern library, asset libraries and design system
- Prepare clear and detailed design specifications for developers
- Partner with developers to ensure designs are properly implemented
- Other ad hoc responsibilities include: plan experiments for user insights, suggest product or process improvements and generate new ideas
What You'll Need:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in UI and/or UX designing
- Have an eye for deconstructing complex problems into clean, simple human-centered interfaces with clear brand identity
- Solid understanding of design fundamentals including: grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour and typography
- Have deep expertise in UI design supported by a portfolio of projects
- Effective use of visual media eg: iconography, illustration and photography to increase the effectiveness of a design
- Understand front-end development principles and interface guidelines for iOS, Android and Mobile web
- While Figma and Adobe Creative Suite skills are required, we value intellectual curiosity and flexibility to produce the best design artifacts possible
- Strong logical thinking abilities, a creative problem solver with strong attention to details
- Ability to respond positively to potential shifting priorities, demands, and timeline
- A self-starter with a positive “get it done” attitude, able to work independently and as a team
- Believe data, tech and product innovation is fundamental in the creative process
- A relevant design degree/diploma in HCI, interaction design, digital product design or visual communication design is desirable
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – bilingual (English/Chinese) would be ideal as our product team does need to work very closely with our technical team in China
Make It Happen
We strive to deliver results with the highest impact and are committed to following through. We continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
We seize the initiative and are always looking for continual improvement, for ourselves, our team and the cities we serve. We relish the chance for action even if it leads us outside of our normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Our decisions are evidence-based. We assess situations fairly, wherever possible using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions.
We ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and are ready to leave behind what we thought we knew.
Do More With Less
We understand that both time and resources are finite. We balance our priorities and think strategically about how we can maximise our impact and the return on investment.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!