Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand, with operations across the globe including the United Kingdom, South Korea and Canada. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world's first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in nine cities across ANZ, three in the United Kingdom, two in South Korea and most recently have successfully launched in four cities in Canada.
Reporting to our City Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor would have the opportunity to spearhead the growth and proactively contribute to Neuron’s success story in Canberra. Our Operations Supervisor is the shift leaders for our Operations team, monitoring our Ground Patrollers and Drivers as well as the availability of our Neuron e-scooters. The ideal candidate has built and led a team before and is highly motivated to make Neuron a resounding success, both locally and nationally.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform basic administrative tasks, such as shift scheduling and manpower deployment planning.
- Manage the Ground Patrollers & Drivers in retrieving and returning scooters to the designated parking stations.
- Ensure the Operations team performs timely deployment of the mobility devices at designated stations to support consumer demand.
- Ensure timely pick up of assigned e-scooters from scooter consolidation areas.
- Ensure the Operations team performs quality control and basic maintenance on the e-scooters.
- Train new Operations staff members and conduct refresher training
- Ensure that the Operations teams adhere to the Operations Standard Operating Procedures.
What You'll Need:
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work regular afternoon/evening hours and weekends
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver 26-28 kg
- Any mobility/logistics/transportation experience is advantageous
- A hands-on approach to leadership - our Operations supervisors will need to be comfortable managing “in the field” alongside their team members
- Self-starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Passionate about delivering a seamless customer experience.
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinion
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!