Neuron is the leading shared e-scooter company in Australia and New Zealand and the company is expanding on a number of fronts. Our mission is to partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. Cities are our most important customers, our vision is to help them build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron was founded in Singapore in 2016, we develop our own industry-leading e-scooters which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. The company has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in nine locations in ANZ and in October launched in our first location in the United Kingdom. In March we started operations in Seoul, Korea.
You will be based in our Canada working within a nimble, creative and fun team. Neuron’s working environment is fast-paced, exciting and also highly rewarding. You'll report to the Head of Communications in Singapore but will also work closely with the Country Expansion Manager. You will work with agency support in Canada and will be involved in a wide range of communications tasks and projects including the positioning of Neuron in Canada. Furthermore, the role will be instrumental in Neuron’s Canadian business expansion by working closely with Neuron’s central functions to plan and lead engagement with city councils and a range of community groups. There will be plenty of opportunity for personal growth.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare for Neuron’s launch in Canada
- Develop/localise the company’s Canada narrative in order to position us effectively
- Help to develop and execute communication strategies and initiatives that build awareness, demonstrate industry leadership and enhance the reputation of Neuron
- Write, localise and edit a range of external communications materials including press material, in-app messages, and letters to riders and other important stakeholders
- Coordinate and maintain the company’s Canada news and drive positive content through social media channels
- Coordinate the public relations agency to launch effectively in cities and drive positive coverage of Neuron and safeguard the company’s reputation
- Field inbound media enquiries and advise internally of the opportunities and risks for undertaking certain activities
- Support the company lead with media engagements but also able to be a spokesperson when required
- Project manage the creation of images and videos for media and other important stakeholders
- Be a key member of crisis team
- Engage with other important stakeholders like council contacts, industry associations, various community groups, regulators and law enforcement
- Build relationships and partnerships with community groups prior to as well as after launching operations in new cities
- Design and execute an engagement program with community groups and regulators on state and national level
- Collaborate with central functions and business leadership to design and deliver projects related to research to measure Neuron’s impact and contribution to the cities where we operate
- Oversee and direct Neuron’s sustainability work in Canada
What You'll Need
- A degree or other qualification in communications, marketing or other relevant topic
- 8+ years relevant work experience in communications / external relations role in an international or a local company that serves international clients
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills in English, and working level French would be highly advantageous
- A strategic operator who is skilled at using communications and external relations to support the business objectives of a highly regulated company
- Must have a great attention to detail and be able to manage multiple projects concurrently, must be a doer as well as a delegator
- Strong digital communications experience including social media management
- Hands-on experience of project managing the production of creative content such as simple videos, photos, infographics
- Proficient at using G Suite is appreciated
- A driven team player who likes to work hard but also have fun
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinion
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!