Neuron is the leading shared e-scooter company in Australia and New Zealand and the company is expanding on a number of fronts. Our mission is to partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. Cities are our most important customers, our vision is to help them build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron was founded in Singapore in 2016, we develop our own industry-leading e-scooters which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. The company has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in nine locations in ANZ and in October launched in our first location in the United Kingdom.
You will be based in our Korean office working within a small, creative and fun team. Neuron’s working environment is fast-paced, exciting and also highly rewarding. You'll report to the Head of Communications in Singapore but will also support the Korean country lead. You will work with agency support in Korea and will be involved in a wide range of communications tasks and projects including the positioning of Neuron in Korea. There will be plenty of opportunity for personal growth.
- Prepare for Neuron’s launch in Korea
- Develop/localise the company’s Korean narrative in order to position us effectively
- Help to develop and execute communication strategies and initiatives that build awareness, demonstrate industry leadership and enhance the reputation of Neuron
- Write, localise and edit a range of external communications materials including press material, in-app messages, and letters to riders and other important stakeholders
- Project manage the creation of images and videos for media and other important stakeholders
- Coordinate and maintain the company’s Korean website/microsite and drive positive content through social media channels
- Coordinate the public relations agency to drive positive coverage of Neuron and safeguard the company’s reputation
- Field inbound media enquiries and advise internally of the opportunities and risks for undertaking certain activities
- Support the company lead with media engagements but also able to be a spokesperson if required
- Be a key member of crisis team
- Have experience with engaging with other stakeholders like industry associations, regulators and law enforcement
- A degree or other qualification in communications and / or marketing
- 5+ years relevant work experience in communications role in an international company or a local company that serves international clients
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills in English as well as Korean
- Strong digital communications experience including social media management
- Hands-on experience of project managing the production of creative content such as simple videos, photos, infographics
- Must have a great attention to detail and be able to manage multiple projects concurrently, must be a doer as well as a delegator
- Proficient at using G Suite, and a good knowledge of Photoshop is appreciated
- A driven team player who likes to work hard but also have fun