Who We Are
Narvar offers an enterprise SaaS platform that helps leading brands and retailers build lifelong relationships with their customers beyond the “buy” button. More than 400 leading retailers worldwide–including Anthropologie, Bonobos, Nordstrom, and Sephora – use Narvar's shipment, tracking, returns, and analytics products to transform their customers' post-purchase experiences.
What we’re looking for
As the Engineering Director for our Backend teams, you'll be the official Mad-hatter working with every aspect of the product, to develop the experience for our clients and the end consumers. You are crucial to the team for amplifying the value and results of our platform, by assuring the development, deployment and smooth sailing of the product. You will organize team structure, build leveling chart, and partner with recruiting to amp up recruiting.
- Attract, retain, develop and manage top engineering talent
- Work with product leaders to align technical vision with product and operational needs
- Promote engineering best practices and craftsmanship
- Research and adopt new technologies and open source implementations
- Provide technical leadership and decision making for the team
- Work with Product Managers, Designers and Customer Success teams to design, develop, test and implement Narvar's cloud solutions using an iterative and agile development methodology
- Strive to continuously improve scalability, performance and reliability of systems
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Proven hands-on technical management
- Ability to excel within an informal startup environment and a flat organizational structure, and provide credible hands-on management to highly qualified engineers.
- Proven ability to manage expectations, set realistic goals, and achieve them.
- Ability to present and communicate technical designs and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience building high performance, scalable, highly available and reliable SaaS/cloud applications using Java and frameworks like Spring
- Experience with implementing applications on Amazon AWS.
- Experience building RESTful web services, integration with Web services like AWS, Twilio
- Experience with NoSQL databases - DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Experience with Postgres or Mysql databases - schema design, optimization, query analysis, database administration, very large data volumes
- Knowledge of JVM performance optimization, Garbage Collection
- Knowledge of some scripting language – Python, Shell scripts
- Networking concepts, network security, and application security is desirable
- Experience building enterprise business applications
- Experience with CI, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting applications on Linux platforms
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Free, daily catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Company outings
- Casual dress code
- Open vacation policy
- Get in on the ground floor of a huge opportunity