We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mycoworks is seeking a Research Technician to support our Technology Development group to develop solid and liquid state fermentations.
This position will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Day to day performing fermentation experiments and maintaining the lab.
- Collaborating with scientists across the Technology Development group to execute experiments
- Performing laboratory support tasks such as media preparation and supply organization
- Prioritizing daily tasks to meet the needs of all team members, and effectively supporting the rest of the research team
- Fermentation in flask and bench scale for liquid as well as solid state fermentation
- Execute fermentation/cell culture experiments
- Set up, operate and take down bioreactors
- Process and analyze lab samples
- Make media and buffers
- Demonstrate aseptic techniques
- Record and manage documentation
- Troubleshoot challenging technical, experimental, and instrumental issues
- Operate lab procedures with strong attention to detail
- Collaborate with scientists to design and execute scientific experiments
- Troubleshoot process parameters and experiments
- Other responsibilities may be necessary, as required by MycoWorks team members
- Two years experiences in liquid/solid fermentation preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail, high standards for the quality of their work
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, effectively tailored to audiences of different knowledge levels
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The targeted base pay for this role is $68,000 - $73,000. The actual pay is dependent on other factors such as training, skills, work experience and business needs. The target pay range is subject to change and may be modified. This role is also eligible for benefits and equity.