We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Production Shift Leader.
Critical focus areas for the Production Shift Leader will be: eliminating the facility’s top losses to root cause; development and maintenance of critical Daily Management Systems; assisting with the implementation of the MycoWay (MycoWorks’ novel manufacturing work system); coaching and development of all plant operators via the rollout of standards; improving the quality systems throughout the facility.
This role interacts heavily with multiple organizations, including Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and Process Development. The role reports to the Production Line Leader.
This is an on-site role at our manufacturing plant in Union, South Carolina.
This role will train on day shift through 2023 and then will move to a 2-2-3 night shift schedule in early 2024. When working night shift, employees will receive a $2 shift differential.
- Maintaining a culture of safety, quality, and productivity on your team
- Ensuring operational plans are executed, goals are achieved, and teams are kept informed
- Coaching and developing non-exempt team members and temporary employees to achieve production goals
- Following proper procedures to meet daily safety, quality and production goals
- Following proper escalation procedures and troubleshooting processes
- Creating a positive work environment through real-time observation and specific, constructive and actionable feedback
- Two or more years of experience in supervisory role
- One to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor large teams of hourly associates is required
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong analytical/critical thinking
- Strong accountability, consistency, and follow-through skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of plant personnel ranging from hourly employees to senior management
- Knowledge of OSHA and Clean Room practices and policies a plus
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge and qualifications a plus
We are a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This role may require overtime and the ability to work varied shifts in order to meet the needs of the business.
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.