We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Production Shift Leader.
Critical focus areas for the Production Shift Leader will be: eliminating the facility’s top losses to root cause; development and maintenance of critical Daily Management Systems; assisting with the implementation of the MycoWay (MycoWorks’ novel manufacturing work system); coaching and development of all plant operators via the rollout of standards; improving the quality systems throughout the facility.
This role interacts heavily with multiple organizations, including Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and Process Development. The role reports to the Production Line Leader.
- Maintaining a culture of safety, quality, and productivity on your team
- Ensuring operational plans are executed, goals are achieved, and teams are kept informed
- Coaching and developing non-exempt team members and temporary employees to achieve production goals
- Following proper procedures to meet daily safety, quality and production goals
- Following proper escalation procedures and troubleshooting processes
- Creating a positive work environment through real-time observation and specific, constructive and actionable feedback
- Two or more years of experience in supervisory role
- One to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor large teams of hourly associates is required
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong analytical/critical thinking
- Strong accountability, consistency, and follow-through skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of plant personnel ranging from hourly employees to senior management
- Knowledge of OSHA and Clean Room practices and policies a plus
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge and qualifications a plus