We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are now building our production in Union, South Carolina and are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic, production-minded individuals to join our team. We create a premium, natural material that compares in quality and performance to the finest animal leathers.
We work 12-hr shifts in a 2-2-3 schedule where you work alternating weekends.
This role will train on day shift through 2023 and then will move to a 2-2-3 night shift schedule in early 2024. When working night shift, employees will receive a $2 shift differential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing startup company with great benefits!
- Lead by example in following all safety and quality protocols consistent with a biotech manufacturing environment, including all Site PPE requirements
- Produce materials per company standard by following all protocols and procedures
- Operate all production areas self-sufficiently and at the highest skill level
- Operate various types of machinery in a safe manner and report any and all machine abnormalities, repairing when possible
- Troubleshoot machine and work process losses that occur when standard production issues arise, leveraging advanced process/mechanical/electrical system troubleshooting skills
- Utilize formal Root Cause Analysis tools to resolve production issues
- Coach all operators on standards and provide feedback to the shift leader on performance
- Coach operators on all DMSs and lead standards improvement work throughout the facility
- Participate in capability and skill building activities within the plant and identify improvement opportunities with current procedures, escalating them to leadership
- Certifies operators in the production processes
- Executes daily production area “rounds” to ensure operating area meets all Safety/5S/Quality standards and that all machines are operating at their target setpoints
- Participate in clean, inspect, and lubrication (CIL) activities to support line reliability improvements
- Record all production and quality data accurately and in a timely manner
- Serve as a good teammate and be a positive influence and advocate of the Company's values and culture
- We are a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This role may require overtime in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Technical certificate or AS degree and advanced knowledge of basic mechanical troubleshooting on production equipment or relevant work experience
- Two plus years of work experience in a production environment, with a preference for high volume and/or clean room production experience
- Demonstrated experience coaching and training production staff
- Reliable transportation to ensure consistent attendance on all scheduled days
- Detail-oriented, with a high level of focus on the quality of work
- Demonstrated ability to operate production machinery to standard and use Root Cause Analysis tools
- TPM knowledge is preferred
- Ability to work on feet the majority of the shift and handle materials up to 70 pounds in weight with assistance
- Coachable, with the ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
- General computer knowledge and data entry ability
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
We are a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This role may require overtime and the ability to work varied shifts in order to meet the needs of the business.
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.