We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a People Partner to support the company’s strategic organizational growth, and to help build a forward-thinking, trusted, and well-rounded People Operations program that operationalizes our company values as we scale. This role will help implement our broad-based People systems, including strategic organizational planning, learning and development programs, performance and employee relations management, and more. The ideal candidate is a people and outcomes-focused professional who is passionate about enriching and empowering employees to bolster organizational success.
- Provide comprehensive frontline HR support in a fast-paced manufacturing start-up
- Implement and support processes and policies that drive cross-functional collaboration, employee engagement and strong business results, including:
- Employee benefits administration
- Employee onboarding and offboarding
- Performance management
- Other day-to-day HR support, including VOE’s, EDD responses, support of visa processes and more
- Continuously refining and facilitating an innovative, and welcoming new employee orientation and first-day experience for new team members.
- Manage general day-to-day operations, benefits, and compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Responsible for changes and audits of personnel files including accuracy and maintenance; processing terminations; recommending improvements to employee-related policies
- Responsible for coordination of all background checks, employment verifications, mandated training, benefits enrollment, new hire requests, and entry into ADP system
- Minimum of five years of broad-based Human Resources generalist experience across identified functional areas
- Experience with organizational scale-up of a manufacturing plant strongly preferred
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations and best practices in HR
- Must be adaptable and comfortable working in a dynamic, evolving start-up environment
- Excellent organizational skills and written communication
- Outstanding communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills, coupled with high social and emotional intelligence
- Strong emphasis on continuous improvement and using data to inform practice
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and to integrate easily into collaborative team work
- Experience administering HRIS required; ADP Workforce Now (PEO) preferred