We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The EHS Specialist works within the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Department to assist in the execution and maintenance of MycoWorks EHS compliance. This position must promote, provide support, and proactively lead positive, safe, and healthy working relationships company-wide, while always striving to create an incident-free work environment.
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies and would also respond to emergency situations when they arise to support EHS operations.
- Managing proactive incident elimination work processes;
- Maintaining accurate EHS metrics;
- Conducting appropriate inspections and audits, and ensuring corrective actions are monitored and documented;
- Completing, documenting, and submitting required EHS reports and recordkeeping information;
- Completing and documenting all regulatory compliance activities according to regulatory deadlines;
- Responding to and investigating incidents including injuries and near-miss events. Drive closure of effective corrective / preventive actions, as assigned;
- Conducting EHS training as needed, including new employee orientation;
- Coach management and employees at all levels to ensure compliance with all EHS program expectations/standards;
- Providing EHS tools/resources related to jobs performed by employees and suggests risk mitigation strategies through the Job Safety Analysis process;
- Recommending and implementing appropriate risk mitigation measures;
- Providing employees with regulatory information and direction to ensure compliance with external / internal audits and Federal, State, Local EHS regulations;
- Conducting environmental compliance site audits;
- Preparing environmental compliance reports and permits;
- Representing the company with regulatory agencies such as SC/OSHA;
- Perform other duties, as assigned, in support of the EHS Strategic Plan.
- Managing and measuring work
- Prioritization and time management of responsibilities with varying levels of complexity
- Ability to actively participate in team development, team-oriented processes, and motivate others to do the same
- Strong aptitude for organization, prioritization, and managing multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage through others
- Approachability and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and speaking) required
- Functional and technical skills, able to flow from task to task as the need arises
- Ability to interpret complex legal and regulatory documents, then translate for others to understand
- Ability to understand technical aspects of manufacturing processes
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and make decisions
- Computer literate (MS Office) with emphasis in spreadsheet software
- Attention to detail and the capability to analyze data and make sound conclusions
- 1 to 3 years of EHS experience in manufacturing