MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Senior Director of Supply Chain. This person will be responsible for designing and implementing company-wide Planning and Logistics strategies. This includes the following: company-wide planning strategies including strategic planning across multiple sites and countries, customer pull-based planning, implementation of strategic tools and developing planning managers & staff; company-wide inventory strategies including raw materials, in-process materials, finished goods and developing logistics managers & staff. The person will be expected to design and manage the supply chain processes across the organization, including partners. The role will require setting appropriate metrics to track and trend performance to plan.
This role supports all functions of the organization including both commercial and R&D. The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Define, develop, establish, run, and maintain the Supply Chain functions with a focus on Logistics and Planning.
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer on strategies related to the supply chain.
- Ability to recruit, train, and grow members as needed - including managers, analysts, planners, shipping/receiving agents, and logistics coordinators
- Lead the facilitation and coordination of logistics carriers and couriers, and customs brokers regarding all aspects of transport service, including but not limited to: order placement, creating and reviewing shipping documents, tracking, receipt confirmation, and ensuring the quality of the product during transit
- Lead the development of customer based planning including developing a complete supply chain visualization tool that incorporates downstream partners, current sites and starting materials.
- Lead implementation of supply chain loss allocation process to set standards for savings and simplification processes across the network.
- Set and manage supply chain KPI’s for productivity, speed and order accuracy - implement process improvements based on gathered data
- Lead implementation of planning policies that optimize inventory levels and throughput
- Lead relationship with manufacturing, quality, R&D, engineering and sales groups to ensure efficient deployment of available resources and capacity to meet demand forecast
- Lead implementation of ERP and WMS systems at new production facility
- Lead and prioritize cost modeling and related financial analyses / mathematical modeling of large data sets
- BS/MS in Supply Chain or Business Management.
- 10-20 years’ experience through increasing levels of supply chain management experience.
- Experience across Planning and Logistics with >5 years managing a supply chain team.
- Experience leading the development of opportunity assessments and loss analysis across the operations functions to reduce spend and complexity
- Ability to manage a large multi-functional team across regions
- Experience managing vendor relationships - will be expected to coordinate work with others, both internally and externally
- Experience developing planning models for materials, human resources and complex supply chains required.
- Experience with Enterprise Procurement Systems including SAP Ariba, Procurify, Coupa etc
- Minimum 10 years demonstrating a high level of product/service expertise including leading negotiations. Built and maintained credibility as an expert within a specific category with key stakeholders.
- Experience with Enterprise Warehouse Management Systems.
- Strong understanding of import/export requirements and customs practices for US and EU
- Experience in vendor oversight and managing external partnerships and relations
- Professional supply chain certification a plus APICS, SOLE
- In-depth knowledge / experience with life science warehouse and inventory management a plus
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive - results focused
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide data-based insights and observations
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility