MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is growing our operations in Union, South Carolina, and we are seeking an innovative and motivated People Leader to grow our People team at our new manufacturing facility of 300+ employees. The Senior People Director will report to our VP of People and will be responsible for planning, leading, developing, coordinating and implementing policies, processes, and initiatives to support our South Carolina plant and its employees.
- Provide counsel on employee relations strategy, including investigation of issues, state and government programs and compliance with legal requirements, disciplinary actions, development and coaching support
- Partner with the corporate functions to effectively deliver People programs and initiatives
- Design and lead implementation of programs, processes and policies that drive cross- functional collaboration, employee engagement and satisfaction, and strong business results, including: compliance oversight, benefits, recruiting, performance management, employee relations, workers compensation and safety
- Partner with VP of People to manage a competitive compensation program through market analysis, design pay that integrates with performance review cycles and employee progression paths
- Lead the management, mentoring, and development of the South Carolina People team members to a long term, strategic business partner outlook
- Effectively partner with operational teammates and senior leadership on key issues, regional support and business strategy
- Eight plus years of experience of progressive People or HR management, with a minimum of five years managing a team
- Strong employee relations management, analytical skills, operational partnership skills, team-building, relationship orientation and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Work with Chief of Culture to align our engagement programs to company values and vision, using data to support the People team in creating outstanding retention results and empowering employees in their performance and career development
- Payroll and Time and Labor Management experience in ADP
- Experience within a highly respected company with a track record of developing collaborative relationships with top levels of management and an understanding of what it takes to drive a truly innovative culture
- Ability to communicate and act with a high level of passion and enthusiasm and be energized by the opportunity to drive People programs with a creative and fun approach consistent with core values
- Relevant expertise in succession planning and talent management across all levels of the organization
- Previous experience managing change and uncertainty with an organization experiencing explosive growth while showing the ability to anticipate and respond to future changes and opportunities
- Previous experience in Manufacturing a plus