MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Strategic Sourcing Specialist- Indirect Materials. This person will be responsible for supporting the implementation of company-wide Procurement, Planning and Logistics strategies in support of production and operational needs. This role will support the extended team in project management of Indirect materials.
This role supports all functions of the organization including both commercial and R&D. The role reports to the Sr. Procurement Director.
- Manage NDA’s, MSA’s, Supply Agreements and Contracts
- RFx process development and generation
- Perform cost analysis and TCO in support of current production and future state of the organization
- Cross functional collaboration
- Reporting KPIs and metrics to track and trend team performance to plan
- Complies with MycoWorks procurement strategies and policies.
- Responsible for supporting the supplier selection/bidding processes for selected purchase requests, supplier and contract pricing, and validation for category management
- Support budget based procurement process including development of key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness based on profitable supplier and organizational partnerships
- Support of a risk management based approach to supplier development, supply contracts and agreements and sourcing.
- Support supplier qualification process and manages and assess supplier performance and reports operational metrics (KPIs) to senior management, as well as any regulatory reporting requirements related to transportation and logistics activities
- Lead Procurement Project Management (PPM)
- Provide solutions to improve company spending and outsourcing
- BS in Supply Chain or Business Management.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrating a high level of product/service expertise including leading negotiations. Built and maintained credibility as an expert within a specific category with key stakeholders.
- Leads scoping & prioritization of improvement projects and future implementations, participate in the scoping and quoting of projects
- Experience leading the development of opportunity assessments and loss analysis across the operations functions to reduce spend and complexity
- Leads and prioritizes cost modeling and related financial analyses / mathematical modeling of large data sets
- Ability to manage a large multi-functional team across regions
- Experience managing supplier relationships and will be expected to coordinate work with others, both internally and externally
- Experience completing and maintain yearly supplier evaluations
- Build and execute strategic sourcing policies, practices, and systems
- Experience developing planning models for materials, human resources and complex supply chains required.
- Experience with Enterprise Procurement Systems
- Strong understanding of import/export requirements and customs practices for US and EU
- Experience in supplier oversight and managing external partnerships and relations
- Professional supply chain certification a plus
- In-depth knowledge / experience with life science warehouse and inventory management a plus
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive - results focused
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide data-based insights and observations
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility
- Ability to build, train, recruit team members as needed