MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Strategic Sourcing Category Manager for Direct materials. This person will be responsible for designing and implementing company-wide Procurement strategies.
This role supports all functions of the organization including both commercial and R&D. The role reports to the Sr. Procurement Director.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to include: competitive bidding, RFx, volume aggregation, low cost country sourcing, raw material indexed contracts, and identification of new suppliers.
- Identify, develop, and promote a global and regional sourcing strategy for commodities.
- Lead budget based procurement process including development of key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness based on profitable supplier and organizational partnerships.
- Build and execute strategic sourcing policies, practices, and systems that complies with MycoWorks Supply Network strategies and policies.
- Responsible for supplier selection/bidding processes for selected purchase requests, supplier and contract pricing, and validation for category management.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers and vendors.
- Lead development of a risk management based approach to supplier development, supply contracts and agreements and sourcing.
- Implement supplier performance and qualification process to share supplier performance, address supplier issues, and ensure the highest level of service, in stock rates, product quality, and on time performance.
- Execute NDA’s, MSA’s, Supply Agreements and Contracts.
- Analyze TCO in support of current production and future state of the organization.
- Accountable for KPIs and metrics to track and trend performance to plan in support of organizational goals.
- Establish spend visibility to clearly define commodity spend baselines, current supplier, and future impacts.
- Perform procurement reporting and analysis to drive continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Lead scoping & prioritization of improvement projects and future implementations, participate in the scoping and quoting of projects.
- Facilitate the implementation of supply chain loss analysis process to set standards for savings and simplification of processes across the network.
- Report metrics and KPIs to senior management.
- BS/MS in Supply Chain or Business Management demonstrating a high level of product/service expertise including leading negotiations. Built and maintained credibility as an expert within a specific category with key stakeholders.
- 10 years’ experience with increasing levels of supply chain management
- Experience across Procurement, Planning and Logistics with >5 years managing a procurement commodity group.
- Experience leading the development of opportunity assessments and loss analysis across the operations functions to reduce spend and complexity.
- Experience with cost modeling and related financial analyses / mathematical modeling of large data sets.
- Ability to manage a large multi-functional team across regions.
- Experience managing supplier relationships.
- Experience in cross functional collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Experience completing and maintaining yearly supplier evaluations.
- Experience developing planning models for materials and complex supply chains required.
- Experience with Enterprise Procurement Systems.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in supplier oversight and managing external partnerships and relations.
- Professional supply chain certification is a plus.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive - results focused.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide data-based insights and observations.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility.
- Ability to build, train, recruit team members as needed.
- Travel required ~25%.