MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a Technical Accounting Manager, who will report directly to the Senior Controller and manage different technical accounting needs. You should have a technical accounting, and SEC and financial reporting background, be comfortable and navigating through complex matters to support transactions and products. This position can sit in our Emeryvile office in the US or be full-time remote from any US state.
- Direct the preparation, review, and submission, of financial statements and other filings as required by government and regulatory agencies including the US SEC
- Be the technical accounting lead on projects such M&A, new products, new accounting guidance, which will include planning such projects, coordination and execution
- Research and document technical accounting analysis conclusions and reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions, and other corporate accounting and reporting matters that arise from time to time
- Collaborate to implement new accounting standards, and support corporate financial reporting
- Manage all aspects of internal and public reporting process: preparing financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, tie out workbook and all auditor questions
- Be an essential part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management
- Manage the timely preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements
- Oversee preparation of technical accounting memos for management conclusions and audit purposes.
- Implement and maintain new accounting pronouncements under US GAAP / ASC
- Monitor, assess & communicate the effects of assigned proposed accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations and supervise drafting and/or draft disclosures in the financial statements and footnotes
- Assist the Senior Controller with all relevant corporate tax areas and be a liaison with the third-party accounting firm engaged in the corporate tax function
- Proactively identify, research, consult and draft technical memorandums on significant proposed and or completed transactions and complex issues.
- Preparation of materials used in presentations to the Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Oversee equity accounting and reporting including calculations for weighted average shares outstanding, diluted shares, EPS, and stock-based compensation expense.
- Assist the Senior Controller in managing internal controls and compliance programs and support SOX compliance in setting up narratives and control matrices
- Deep experience with ASC 842 – Leases. The company has multiple leases in place and may continue to engage in additional leases in the future.
- 10+ years of public accounting and industry experience – Big 4 experience valued
- Public company experience required (preferably from working at a high growth public company)
- IFRS experience
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Active CPA license is required
- Professional and personable demeanor
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Bio-tech and Manufacturing industry preferred
- ERP implementation experience
- CPA, MBA
- Biotech/Manufacturing experience
- SEC registrant/SOX experience
- QBO and NetSuite experience
- IFRS/International accounting experience