MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Quality Lab Technician - finished and in-process materials testing (mycelium). This position will be responsible for performing product testing. They will be responsible for ensuring all assigned tests are executed per the defined instructions and schedule. The technician will preferably have work experience in a high volume materials, textiles or leather testing lab. This role supports both Manufacturing and Development teams to sample and test materials, document processes and procedures, support test protocol execution and track results.
The role reports to the Sr. Quality Manager and will work collaboratively with both Development and Production.
- Perform hands-on testing of raw materials and finished products on a daily basis
- Support cross-functional partners in data collection and analysis
- Design and perform specialized testing methods based on project specifications
- Support implementation and validation of new testing procedures
- Support management of lab equipment for calibration, cleaning and maintenance
- Bachelor's Degree in textile engineering, textile science, or material science or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 1-2 years of previous Lab Analyst, Technician, Lab Associate experience, preferably in materials, textiles, leather or consumer products
- Familiarity with standardized testing procedures is preferred
- Work experience in a Lean Labs environment is a plus
- Excellent capability with MS Office / GSuite tools, and data reporting
- Familiarity with lab systems, instrument management and calibration scheduling is preferred
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must in this position
- Ability to lift or move up to 10 lbs frequently above head to below knees
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 lbs regularly
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs occasionally
- Must be able to sit or stand to perform work for 2-4 hours at a time and intermittently throughout the shift
- Must be comfortable operating heavy machinery and test equipment
- Use hands to move samples, use tools and controls
- Perform repetitive motion for 2-4 hours at a time and intermittently throughout the shift
- Ability to type and look at computer screens for entire shift
- Manipulate small parts with hands or tweezers daily
- Work may involve repetitive arm and wrist motions
- Will need to stoop, kneel or crouch regularly
- Manipulate sharp cutting tools safely daily
- PPE required at times