MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is looking for a dynamic and proactive team member to grow our brand voice and content creation. You’ll be responsible for shaping MycoWorks’ brand voice and verbal identity, partnering closely with our Co-Founder and the marketing team to evolve the brand’s personality in a thoughtful and strategically sound manner. You will lead our content generation, copywriting, internal and external communications, and help to drive and build MycoWorks culture. As our Lead Writer, you’ll help build the brand narrative—crafting stories for brand campaigns, landing pages, video scripts, and more. You'll also be responsible for helping to evolve our verbal identity and brand voice. Finally, you’ll manage our external and internal communications in an engaging, consistent, and compelling manner. The ideal candidate is a very strong writer with excellent communication skills and experience crafting both editorial and advertorial content, copywriting and copy editing.
- Develop the brand voice and content strategy to help achieve our company’s goals
- Create strategic content and communications with a voice that is consistent with the company brand and the product brand
- Manage internal and external communications in a consistent manner
- Work with Community Manager to perform content audits to assess how well existing content is performing and how to change it
- Lead content gap analyses to determine what content is missing and what is needed
- Partner with our PR team to amplify our content, including creating and managing press releases and other external communications plans as needed
- Work with the Chief of Culture to create and manage strategic internal communications, including partnering with other departments to improve storytelling for presentations and pitches
- Three to five years’ or more of proven experience in effective, engaging, concise, and grammatically strong writing, preferably in a marketing capacity
- Must write well under pressure and with time constraints
- Strong project management skills and scrappy ability to go find information needed to make content compelling
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with dynamic objectives
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills and journalistic ability to find answers
- Agency experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, journalism, English, or equivalent work experience