Marketers have a problem. Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. Our customers are some of the fastest growing companies in the B2B space including Notion, Ramp and Segment. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, YCombinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.
About the role:
We are looking for a strategic product marketing leader who spikes on storytelling. At Mutiny, you will have the opportunity to define the category of conversion as you build and scale the product marketing function from the ground up.
Here are some things you’ll do in the next 18 months:
- Research and synthesize the market landscape, competitive ecosystem, different buyer personas, and customer needs.
- Define the category of conversion and how we talk about it to every audience: press, executives, and practitioners.
- Build the strategy and channels for evangelizing our category: analysts, press, sales, website, events/speaking, community, partners, etc.
The most important things to be successful in the role:
- Clear, modern storyteller. You can identify the crux of our value proposition and simplify the pitch to its most critical and resonant essence in order to scale revenue and enter new markets. You are a great writer who can write clear and compelling messaging on all channels — website, keynote decks, emails, etc.
- Knows how to sell. You are comfortable in front of customers, you instinctively ask questions to uncover pain, and connect the dots between their pain and your product. You are constantly thinking about how to unblock selling your product, whether it’s in the form better sales enablement, competitive positioning or website messaging.
- Turns research into insights: You are exceptional at synthesizing insights from vast amounts of market research, talking to customers, and diving into competitor products. You don’t get stuck in data analysis, and quickly arrive at a clear “so what” for how to adapt GTM strategy and positioning.
- Skilled conductor: You have the cross-functional skills to work across any internal scenario to drive results. You have strong communication skills and have built processes for cross-functional collaboration with sales, product, and customer acquisition. You have a bias for action, but know how to structure and focus your team to win. You can identify what’s most important and remove unnecessary complexity.
- Strong people leader: You have a very high bar for talent and have hired exceptional PMMs. You set clear priorities, and inspire and coach your team to achieve extraordinary results.
What you bring:
- 6+ years of PMM experience, with 4+ years working on a B2B/SaaS product that required partnership with sales.
- You have owned product marketing for a holistic product or product line.
- You have worked at a startup with <500 employees.
- You have managed a team of 2-8 PMMs, but are willing to roll up your sleeves and do the work.
What you’ll get out of it:
- You are joining a rocketship! We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce, and Snowflake. We are growing incredibly fast and about to hit another inflection point. The potential is unreal. Join and you’ll see what we mean.
- You will create a name for yourself by getting to work with and support some of the fastest growing companies in B2B SaaS.
- You will get exposure to real business problems every company faces (growth) that you can take with you to start your own company (or to help scale another).
- You will have fun, plain and simple. There is a reason our first company value is that work should feel like play.
- You will experience a new way of working. Our team is fully distributed across North America and the EU. But we come together as a company for quarterly offsites (usually in super fun places like Hawaii and Salt Lake City). This combination of experience-based work is a competitive advantage we plan on leaning into.
These values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the pot, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
- Live in the world you want to change
We also believe in balanced teams, which is why we have maintained a 50% male to female ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, lifestyle, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
We are fully remote.