Growth is the top priority for every company. Yet the best tools and practices are restricted to a few elite companies who can hire hundreds of engineers and data scientists. Everybody else loses $19 out of every $20 on generic marketing. Mutiny is building a no-code platform that helps companies convert that waste into actual customers and revenue by personalizing experiences based on who is actually viewing. Our greatest differentiator comes from the machine learning models we’ve built that learn across our platform and help our customers make the content changes to convert their prospects.
This problem has not been solved in a decade and we are building an iconic company that will automate growth engineering for every company. That's why Sequoia, YCombinator, and CMOs of companies such as Snowflake and Airbnb invested. Mutiny is beloved by some of the fastest growing companies including Notion, Brex, Carta, Segment, Algolia and Qualtrics. We have quadrupled revenue year-over-year with even more on the horizon!
The role in a nutshell
We are looking for our first data engineer to design the data architecture that will inform strategic business decisions and improve our product for years to come. You will bring together several sources of product and company data into a cohesive and comprehensive data warehouse. You will partner with our finance, data science, and product teams to build ETLs, a shared data vocabulary, and meaningful data abstractions. This is a unique opportunity to be the first in a new function at a scaling startup and build a foundation to scale our data organization.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- Build and maintain scalable ETL pipelines to efficiently transform data from our source systems into our data warehouse/lake
- Design our data architecture and partner with our infrastructure team to make it a reality
- Define core data concepts to establish common data-vocabulary
- Partner with finance and business operations team to build BI layer
- Support product and data science team to build data infrastructure to drive in-app experiences
What you’ll get out of it:
- You are joining a rocketship! We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce, and Snowflake. We are growing incredibly fast and about to hit another inflection point. The potential is unreal. Join and you’ll see what we mean.
- You will create a name for yourself by bringing innovative data science solutions never before seen in this category.
- You will get exposure to real business problems every company faces (growth) that you can take with you to start your own company (or to help scale another).
- You will have fun, plain and simple. There is a reason our first company value is that work should feel like play.
- You will experience a new way of working. Our team is fully distributed across the US and EU. But we come together as a company for quarterly offsites (usually in super fun places). This combination of experience-based working is a competitive advantage we plan on leaning into.
What we’re looking for :
- 5+ yrs experience building and maintaining complex and scalable ETL pipelines
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (GCP, AWS, etc)
- Experience as a senior member of their team, partnering with cross-functional teams
- Experience translating business requirements to effective schemas & ETL pipelines
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python & SQL
- Experience working in user facing products (not solely internal data engineering)
- Experience collaborating with data scientists on projects
We are fully remote and offer H1-B Sponsorship.
Mutiny does not accept agency submitted candidates for this posting.