Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Crains, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for a curious, self-driven, collaborative Senior Product Designer to join our team and make a big impact.
As Senior Product Designer, your mission will be to design product experiences within our Growth team. You should be excited about the opportunity to apply your product design skills to help us scale Muck Rack through automation, self-service, and marketing funnel optimizations (e.g., A/B tests). You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are a systems-thinker and are just as comfortable exploring multiple interaction models as you are crafting a beautiful UI.
What you’ll do:
- Design product experiences within a single product area that are usable, functional, beautiful, and delightful
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights about our users to articulate why particular design solutions are optimal over others
- Contribute to maintaining and evolving our design system, with an eye towards both efficiency and a consistent user experience
- Challenge and influence the team’s understanding and exploration of both problem spaces and solution spaces
- Improve the way the team ships product
- Collaborate with UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, and other teams to define our product and services’ long-term strategy and deliver short-term tactics within timeline and scope
How success will be measured in this role:
- Delivered product design deliverables on time and that are accepted by Product Management and adopted by our customers
- Contributed to evolution of how we build products at Muck Rack
- Contributed to the evolution of our design system
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 5+ years of experience in Product Design in an Agile environment (SaaS preferred)
- Expertise in full-stack product design with a strong understanding of accessibility and systems design
- Experience shipping products that balance user needs, product requirements, and business goals
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Managed ambiguity, worked autonomously, and handled shifting priorities in an agile environment
- A pragmatic bias for action and always look for ways to improve
- A professional portfolio of product-focused design work demonstrating the thoughtfulness of your process and the breadth of your skills
- Bachelor's degree in user experience, interaction design, or visual design OR equivalent job experience
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Senior Product Designer role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Panel interviews with several members of our team
- Live Portfolio Review
- Present Portfolio, Presentation + Q&A
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $125,000 and $160,000+, depending on skills and experience with room for negotiation. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer a select plan with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 70% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 10+ paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Self-funded means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.