Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded and remote-first, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do. We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for a motivated and passionate Sales Development Representative to join our team and make a big impact.
As an SDR, you will work closely with sales and marketing to generate opportunities through outbound outreach. You should be excited about working in a fast-paced sales environment where you'll be the first "face" of Muck Rack to prospective customers, representing our team, culture, and brand.
More about the role:
- Prospecting leads (via email and phone) and scheduling meetings to meet and exceed established targets
- Managing and overcoming objections from potential buyers
- Setting up efficient systems to reach out to companies in a custom way
- Tracking industry news to identify outreach opportunities
- Organizing and assigning leads in Muck Rack’s sales CRM (HubSpot), including maintaining proper records, activities, and reports/forms
- Proposing creative ways to engage target accounts using Muck Rack’s proprietary tools
- Performing A/B testing on different outreach campaigns to gather data for sales enablement
- Staying on top of the PR industry and news cycles to find real time sales opportunities
More about you:
- ~1 year experience working in SaaS or other customer facing role, with a sales-oriented mindset, innate curiosity and a love for building relationships with new people
- Excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to write creative, personalized emails to prospects and to communicate clearly and concisely with team members
- Strong phone presence, with a natural ability to connect and engage with potential customers and develop rapport quickly
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Highly accountable, self-motivated, and with a growth mindset that keeps you open to feedback and coaching
- An ability to get up-to-speed on new tools quickly - we use Google Apps, Hubspot, & Slack
- Education, background in or knowledge of PR and journalism industries is helpful
More about us:
Muck Rackers work to make journalists, PR pros, and marketers more successful.
Self-funded and growing quickly but sustainably, we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products, put our customers first, and offer an inclusive culture that welcomes diverse perspectives.
We enjoy the flexibility to work where we’re most productive and stay connected no matter where we’re located. We each have an impact on our continued growth and success, and we all take pride in the work we do to drive the company forward.
Benefits & perks:
- Flexible remote-first policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Off-the-grid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
**While this position is remote, we are unable to hire internationally for this role**