Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 and 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a passionate and curious Customer Support Specialist to join our team and make a big impact. As a Customer Support Specialist, you will be focused on ensuring that customers receive best-in-class service and have access to the help they need to be successful using Muck Rack. You’ll be a good fit for this role if you enjoy creating exceptional customer experiences and helping customers achieve their goals comes naturally to you.
You will work closely with the customer success, product and account management teams.
More about the role:
- Serve as a first responder for inbound communication through our site
- Answer customer questions and provide how-to help on Muck Rack’s capabilities, with a focus on reducing customer effort and furthering product knowledge
- Troubleshoot technical issues and diagnose errors online and over the phone
- Follow site issues to resolution and customer satisfaction
- Proactively reach out to customers who show signs of user error
- Identify processes that need to be improved and evolved
More about you:
- 1+ year working in a customer-facing role at a B2B SaaS company
- Comfort communicating with customers via chat, email and phone
- Experience using Intercom or similar to chat with customers
- Experience with a bug/issues management system (like GitHub, Zendesk or Jira)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on listening and asking the right questions
- Ability to sense urgency and prioritize accordingly
- Attention to detail and curiosity to identify the core of issues
- Continuous learner with a desire to be the first to learn new features
- Familiarity with the tools we use, including Google Apps, Hubspot (or Salesforce), Slack, Intercom, GitHub, and you learn how to use new tools quickly
- Experience working in public relations or familiarity with the industry
- Must be willing to work 10am-7pm ET
**Please note: at this time, we are unable to hire in California & can only consider US based applicants for this role.**
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Fully distributed team, with work-from-home benefits and monthly co-working stipend
- Competitive salaries, company-wide bonus plan, and equity
- Generous off-the-grid PTO, including paid parental leave, paid sick/mental health days, learning days, summer Fridays, and more
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by employer for individuals)
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account
- Discounted gym & bike memberships and free Headspace account
- Unlimited subscription to Learning & Development platforms
- Virtual & in-person team bonding opportunities including free lunches, activities, & events
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first
Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process.