Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Crains, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a results-oriented, collaborative marketer to join our team and supercharge our marketing campaigns, tech stack, and alignment with sales for our next stage of growth.
You are a data-driven and tech-savvy marketer who is excited about a high impact role helping our team hit lead and pipeline targets, building upon the way we enable lead handoffs, bringing data and insights to sales, and helping orchestrate best in class marketing campaigns for our mid-market and enterprise segments.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have experience developing and running targeted multi-channel marketing and sales campaigns, crafting and testing messages that inspire prospects to take action, and reporting on success of demand gen campaigns.
What you'll do:
- Execute targeted marketing programs for mid-market and enterprise companies, using email, social media, advertising, gifting and more; identify and test emerging channels; segment CRM lists by industry and lifecycle stage, and report on campaign performance
- Review and draft outbound sales development email sequences ensuring we’re providing value to prospects; align marketing campaigns with sales outreach
- Suggest content ideas and new strategies for engaging with our target segments
- Help build, maintain, and document marketing operations best practices for lead lifecycle, attribution/reporting, lead scoring and account qualification, lead routing, and campaign management
- Analyze and report on qualified leads and revenue from marketing campaigns, channels, and technology
- Uncover and address areas for improvement within our current tools, campaigns, and processes
How success will be measured in this role:
- Qualified leads generated, meetings booked, and deals/pipeline sourced in mid-market, enterprise and strategic segments
- # of engaged companies (SDR + AE outbound efficiency)
- Email sequence engagement (outreach performance)
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 3 years of B2B/SaaS marketing experience, with 1-2 years of experience in digital marketing, demand generation, account-based marketing, or marketing operations a plus
- Experience working closely with sales teams and incorporating sales feedback
- Experience with B2B advertising (especially Linkedin and Google)
- Project management experience in a marketing environment: goal setting, tracking campaign progress, optimizing campaigns, and reporting to stakeholders
- Experience writing/editing personalized marketing email copy for the purpose inspiring prospects to take action
- Proficient with CRM, lead management, and marketing automation (MAP) tools (Hubspot preferred)
- Experience creating and managing dashboards, reports, and fields in a CRM
- Proficient with Excel/Google sheets
- Familiarity with lead/company research tools (e.g. Linkedin Sales Navigator)
- Experience with account-based marketing/sales campaigns
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker who is excited by suggesting new ideas and running experiments
- Self starter, willing to read and watch in order to learn
- Nice to have: experience with Zapier/Workflows, Tableau/PowerBI
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Take-home assignment (2 hours max)
- Final interview with several members of our team
- References calls & a background check
The starting salary for this role is between $75,000 - $90,000+, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer a plan with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 70% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account. Team members can access Headspace for free and take advantage of a discounted Classpass membership.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 10+ paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Self-funded means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.