Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019, 2020, and 2021! We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a results-oriented, collaborative outbound marketer to join our team and supercharge our sales development (SDR) and outbound sales programs for our next stage of growth.
As our first Senior Outbound Demand Generation Specialist your mission will be to partner closely with SDR and sales teams to identify the best companies and contacts to reach out to, curate the most valuable pieces of content and messaging for outreach programs, and package sales campaigns that drive productive conversations and pipeline.
You are a data-driven and tech-savvy marketer who is excited about a high impact role helping our team hit lead and pipeline targets, and build upon the way we enable lead handoffs, bring data and insights to sales, and orchestrate sales enablement and account based marketing (ABM) campaigns.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have experience developing and running targeted multi-channel marketing and sales campaigns, crafting and testing messages that inspire prospects to take action, and reporting on success of demand gen campaigns.
What you'll do:
- Source leads and companies for best-in-class sales prospecting: Use sourcing software to identify and assign the most relevant leads to sales; solicit feedback to refine our target companies and contacts; research and implement behavior-based buying signals; monitor the number and quality of Hubspot records.
- Execute multi-channel outbound campaigns: Optimize SDR and sales outreach for open rates and conversion rates through continuous testing of email sequences, content, and channels; design and execute new campaigns and sequences for mid-market and enterprise SDR/sales teams; execute account based marketing plays in support of our strategic accounts program, delivering best-in-class emails, social messaging, custom gifting, and more.
- Reporting and measurement: Use data (dashboards, reports) to constantly analyze, diagnose, and measure performance of outbound pipeline generation programs, including metrics such as # of assigned leads, meetings booked, and outbound sourced pipeline. Gather and implement feedback on reporting from internal teams as needed.
How success will be measured in this role:
- Outbound sourced pipeline
- SQLs (meetings booked)
- # of engaged companies (SDR efficiency + target companies)
- Email sequence engagement (outreach performance)
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 3 years of B2B/SaaS marketing experience, with 1-2 years of experience in outbound marketing, demand generation, or sales development a plus
- Experience working in partnership with sales teams to drive meetings and revenue
- Ability to keep cross-functional teams on the same page with clear, consistent communication and incorporating feedback
- End-to-end campaign management experience: using project management platforms, goal setting, reporting to stakeholders
- Experience writing/editing personalized outbound marketing email copy for the purpose inspiring prospects to take action
- Strong analytical skills with a track record of leveraging data to make business decisions
- Proficient with CRM and marketing automation (MAP) tools (Hubspot preferred)
- Proficient with Excel/Google sheets
- Familiar with sales outreach tools (Outreach, Salesloft, Marketo, Hubspot) and lead/company research tools (e.g. Linkedin Sales Navigator)
- Customer-focused mindset
- Familiar with account-based marketing/sales campaigns; bonus for familiarity with target account selection based on likelihood to buy (account scoring, intent signals)
- You’re a creative and out-of-the-box thinker who is excited by suggesting new ideas and running experiments
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Bonus knowledge: Zapier/Workflows, Tableau/PowerBI
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- Complete our job application by submitting your resume, LinkedIn profile, & contact information
- A thirty-minute interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A one-hour video interview with the hiring manager for this position
- Submit a take-home assignment that should take no longer than 2 hours to complete
- Three, thirty-minute interviews with several members of our team
- 2-3 references calls & a background check
Based on the interview plan above, we expect this process to take approximately 3-4 weeks. This can depend on the availability of candidates and our hiring team. The start date for this role is flexible.
The starting salary for this role is between $75,000 - $90,000+, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Geo-neutral approach to compensation, with competitive & equitable base salaries, plus a standardized bonus program*
- Fully distributed team, with work-from-home benefits and monthly co-working stipend
- Generous off-the-grid PTO, including paid parental leave, paid sick/mental health days, learning days, summer Fridays, and more
- We conduct bi-annual performance reviews, and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by employer for individuals; 70% paid by employer for families)
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions*
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account*
- Discounted gym & bike memberships* and free Headspace account
- Unlimited subscription to Learning & Development platforms
- Virtual & in-person team bonding opportunities including free lunches, activities, & events
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first