Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
The Minecraft Game UI team is focusing on improving Minecraft's UI and UX across all platforms. As a member of this team, you will have the unique challenges of creating a scalable, performant and stable UI built on the foundation of an internal design system. You'll join a cross-functional team and work closely with the other developers, designers, producers, all working together on a game enjoyed by over 100,000,000 players worldwide. We have big dreams for the future of Minecraft and need you to help make them happen.
By joining our team, you will find an environment that enables you to leverage your knowledge and values to maintain and evolve a healthy and collaborative team culture as we grow.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the internal design system to develop new game screens in Minecraft Bedrock, using
- TypeScript and React
- Collaborating with C++ developers on building new UI and making joined API decisions
- Work with design and product to solve user needs
- Support existing production screens and evolve them with A/B tests and user research
- Collaborate with other teams to drive UI cohesion throughout the game
- Improve ways of working and technical best practices within the team
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience of working in product teams that build experiences towards a large customer base.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, as well as a natural collaborator and team player
- A value for the end user experience, having the user in mind when you develop new features; if you identify potential issues, you bring them to the team.
- Passion about test automation and quality.
For this role, we will consider team and company fit holistically. This means we will put a lot of emphasis on your interpersonal skills. Due to this, we welcome different seniority levels in this process. Your seniority level will influence the responsibilities and areas of concern in the role.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!