Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
Mojang is looking for a Tech Lead to take on the challenges around implementing features for the universe of Minecraft Dungeons
The team consists of 50+ people, half of which are developers and the rest a mix of; designers, artists, audio designers, QA, build engineers and producers. We all collaborate closely within and across disciplines as well as with our partner studio in the U.K.
As a driving technical force within the organisation, you will support your own and other teams to adopt the correct technology and processes to drive the franchise forward. You will be responsible for architecting end-to-end workflows for your team, and to ensure this flow integrates smoothly within the wider organisation when relevant, while keeping your own work running with quality and speed. As a senior lead, you aim to not only level up your own team, but also to support all other technical leads to level up their own teams by sharing best practices both in workflow and quality.
Your tasks will include:
- Act as principal architect for the game
- Tech Leads must keep their technical skills up-to-date, and we see this happening by writing code themselves.
- Hold technical talks for other leads about workflow methodologies, new technologies, or programming approaches
- Act as a “go-to” person with consideration to quality and delivery
- Commit to franchise initiatives either for your own team or related teams
- A willingness to take on a lead role and support and act as a role model to less experienced developers
- Very strong proven C++ skills
- Proficient in one modern game engine (like Unreal)
- Experience with agile methodologies and workflows
- Experience with architecture of multiplayer games.
- Used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proficiency in collaborating with people from different professions and skillsets.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!