Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
Senior Gameplay Engineer - Mobile
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we're also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It's the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
Minecraft is the game that started our journey, but our universe is always growing. We love to experiment with new game genres and experiences, inviting our community to explore the Minecraft franchise in fresh and original ways. We’re always looking for passionate people with various skills to join us in expanding the Minecraft universe. Mojang is assembling a team of visionaries to develop new mobile games. As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you'll be part of a cross-functional team where you will have a major impact on gameplay experience ensuring we can deliver outstanding games to our enthusiastic player community. You will work in an environment that encourages you to embrace creativity and contribute to the team with your gameplay skills and personal perspectives.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer - Mobile, you will:
- Implement UI and gameplay features for new mobile games in the Minecraft franchise.
- Work with both game design and code to create new mobile games in a small, multidisciplinary team.
- Work in close collaboration with your Design, Art, Production teammates.
- Define technical solutions for gameplay features following design documentation and workflow tools.
- Support and align with other teams within Mojang.
We believe you are someone that has:
- Gameplay programming experience from shipping at least one mobile game from start through release to postlaunch on iOS and Android.
- Strong and proven engineering skills (including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing).
- Proficiency in modern game engines (Unity and/or Unreal).
- Experience working in an international environment and the ability to express yourself fluently in English.
- The ability to support and act as a role model for less experienced developers.
- An ability to take the players’ perspective.
- A desire to advocate for an inclusive, open, and friendly work environment.
If this sounds like a fit, and you want to be part of a dynamic game studio, do not hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!