Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
Mojang Studios is growing, fueled by the constant expansion of the Minecraft universe, and we’re now looking for a Brand Strategist to join the Brand Creative team. Reporting to the Brand Director and working in close collaboration with our Marketing, Creative, and Games teams, the Brand Strategist will be responsible for crafting a coherent brand direction to grow brand awareness and appeal to a broader audience.
The Brand Strategist will be responsible for analyzing consumer insights, crafting plans for our Brand Creative team and developing guidelines to promote both Minecraft and Mojang Studios. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience with setting brand strategies, brand management, and a good understanding of our industry.
- Supporting the Brand Director in defining and crafting Minecraft brand architecture, its positioning, and strategy. Ensure that this work is complementary to the Mojang Studios brand and franchise strategy.
- Researching and analyzing consumer behavior, market trends, and competitor activity.
- Analyzing market trends and identifying new opportunities and challenges.
- Gathering feedback from sales and analyzing consumer behavior to define our franchise’s positioning.
- Ensuring that messaging and brand activities are aligned with brand and studio values.
- Measuring and reporting on brand activities’ performance and assessing KPIs and ROI.
- Working closely with marketing team to ensure campaigns and events are in line with brand strategy.
- Aligning with the Director of Creative Comms to ensure consistent messaging across a range of channels.
- Establishing communication routines to update and inform stakeholders in marketing, games, creative and beyond the game teams teams on brand related matters.
- Establishing and managing budgets within the Brand Creative team.
- 7+ years of work experience as a Brand Strategist or similar role in marketing.
- Portfolio of brand-building projects is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Previous experience in developing brand and marketing strategies.
- Budget management skills.
- Data-driven thinking.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- BSc/MSc in Marketing or other relevant field.
- Experience in gaming or the entertainment industry is preferred
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!