Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
As a Senior Media Producer in the Media Team, you will oversee and Produce video content for our Official Minecraft YouTube Channel. In the role you will work closely with our Media Director and the other Media Producers in the team to further develop and grow the YouTube channel.
In this role you will drive and manage video productions as demanded by internal teams and Marketing. You will be the central point of contact and information flow for your projects, and you will in turn, synthesize the information to empower the project team to deliver on time, budget and according to expectations. You will work hands on with content creation, production as well as strategic planning. The successful candidate will be calm under pressure, proactive, adaptable, solution oriented, able to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities at once while being a role model for leadership behavior.
Some of your tasks will be
- Accountable for setting up, driving and delivering various large scale and complex video productions and/or multiple productions for the YouTube Channel.
- Ability to deliver according to project timings, budget & expectations while ensuring good team health and efficient project process together with concrete project documentation.
- Take full ownership of project budgets in terms of spending, tracking and reconciliation.
- Set up new video productions, consolidating information for a thorough brief to effectively kick off new projects and managing all steps through to delivery.
- Draft and process (together with Microsoft) contracts as needed for new partners & contractors.
- Manage cross-functional teams through the production lifecycle.
- Facilitate between working groups to arrive at best available solutions in times of conflict.
- Point of contact for the Youtube channel for various team members, management & leadership and stakeholder groups.
- Lead project team in change management, ability to refocus the team and push forward.
- Ability to assess working processes and striving to always find ways to improve (through retrospectives or mid-way check ins).
- Support Producer group as needed and actively participate in recruitment and onboarding of new team members.
- Act as a ‘brand guardian’ for Mojang, with respect to educating around and ensuring brand guidelines and assets are properly understood and followed in all projects.
- Degree in relevant or applicable field
- Minimum 8 years previous industry experience as a Producer, Production Manager, or equivalent
- Strong scheduling, financial, budgeting and production abilities
- In depth understanding of production both live action and animation, project processes and best practices.
- Knowledge of YouTube is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, facilitation and active listening.
- High level of emotional intelligence in ability to empathize with various stakeholder groups and consolidate different motives and perspectives into the project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (native English spoken and written proficiency)
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing & business objectives to take into creative productions.
- Management or coaching of team members (indirectly and/or directly)
- Ability to lead with respect to optimizing work processes, organizational structures and facilitation.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!