Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
As a Java developer in the Minecraft Services team, you will be part of the team responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining any systems supporting Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons. We have a friendly and highly collaborative culture, and the developers on the Minecraft Services team are right in the thick of it, working with many other teams to ensure the game's backend, online infrastructure and website are the very best they can be. These services are being used by millions of players across the world, and now we need your help making that happen!
Part of your responsibilities will be:
- Developing and maintaining microservices that build up our API
- Be involved in technical discussion and the decisions on how to design our system
- Be part of a team that delivers with a high pace and takes full ownership of the quality of the services we build
- Be part of the team that takes operational responsibility for our services, and voluntarily take part in the on-call rotation
- Strong proficiency with Java
- Strong experience in building RESTful web services
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Know your way around Linux/Unix based systems
- Have experience with public cloud providers
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!