Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
Modern Health's data team is growing rapidly, and we're looking to bring on a product analyst to help us understand and improve our members' experience. We're looking for someone who can bring hands-on experience digging into behavioral data to influence our product roadmap and strategy. You’ll work closely with product-squads (product, engineering, design teams) and lend your expertise in statistics, reporting, and instrumentation. You'll work closely with engineers to track engagement with our mental health platform and be responsible for defining and visualizing the metrics that will help improve our members' quality of care.
In this role, you'll dive deep into three main product areas: activation, engagement, and outcomes. You'll analyze our onboarding funnel to understand members' pain points and help them access the care they're looking for. From there, you'll work with care and ops teams to understand members' engagement with our platform across our therapy, 1:1 coaching, and digital content products; as well as enterprise features like health-plan integration and crisis support. And finally, you'll analyze the impact of our platform on members' well-being and work closely with our sales and customer success teams to share those results with our partner companies.
This role will report to the Product Analytics Manager and is based in San Francisco, CA.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Define, track, and socialize KPIs related to product goals and outcomes
- Build data sources and self-service dashboards to surface metrics and insights across the product team
- Partner with product managers and directors to understand user journeys and recommend product improvements
- Design product experiments and interpret results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions
- Collaborate with data engineering on building out our data platform and identifying areas for improvement
- Work with product engineers to instrument features and flows to support your analysis
- Help grow the product analytics team's size and scope, defining best practices and operating principles
- Review other analysts' code and results to develop a culture of feedback and integrity
- Foster a strong data-driven culture across Modern Health, from experimental design to rigorous decision-making
Who You Are-
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, data science, or other similar analytical role
- You are fluent in SQL and have built dashboards a data visualization BI tool (Looker, Tableau, etc)
- You have a strong grasp of statistics and experience applying statistics thinking in a real-world context
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You should be able to explain your approach and the impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders in a way that is clear to them.
- You have a strong product acumen and are comfortable interacting with customers directly when needed
- You have the ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- You keep up with the industry trends and identify new tools to use to solve technical problems
Bonus Points if You Have Experience In-
- Working at a high growth startup
- Working on SaaS software
- Working in Health Tech
- Working at companies that have a global presence (e.g. infrastructure deployed in multiple geographies)
- Working with Looker and DBT
- Working in R or Python for more in-depth analyses
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!