Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company, we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is hiring a Sales Development Representative for our growing Sales team in San Francisco. You will work hard to prospect and generate qualified leads for our Account Executives. The ideal candidate would also have a deep passion for making a difference in behavioral health. You will be the first point of contact for all of Modern Health’s sales efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for our product while partnering to create a steady pipeline of business to arm your teammates on the Account Executive team. As a Sales Development Representative, you will learn the fundamentals of how to sell, pursue accounts, and generate quality pipeline. Your ideas and innovation will help build a competitive sales culture.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Identify, contact, and qualify the most important accounts and decision maker
- Excite prospects about the Modern Health platform by communicating the benefits of our world-class technology
- Maintain superbly clean records in all sales technology including Salesforce, Outreach, Google Drive and others
- Refine sales messaging, prospecting, and qualifying techniques to be promoted to Account Executive in 6-12 months
- Generate qualified business opportunities for the sales team
- Contribute to our team-oriented culture
- Set up demos for our Account Executives and forward the interests of both Modern Health and our prospects
- Make 50+ dials per day and send hundreds of emails each week to get in touch with makers
- Consistently exceed qualified lead quota
- Bring an exceptionally positive attitude and tons of enthusiasm to each day
Who You Are-
- BA/BS degree or higher preferred
- High-energy and fearlessness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unafraid of rejection
- Highly results-oriented
- Supremely empathetic
- Grittiness - you will not quit
- An entrepreneurial and persuasive spirit
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Tremendous follow through
- Experience using sales technologies a plus
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity