Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Cliff Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for a Senior Program Manager to drive strategic programs that will set us up for success in achieving our business goals. The programs are tech-focused but highly cross functional in nature. This role sits on the Tech team and reports directly to the Head of Product Operations.
In this highly visible role, you’ll be a key partner to the Tech team, internal cross-functional stakeholders, and external partners. You’ll focus on driving programs that help critical products be built and launch successfully as well as manage programs that ensure smooth implementation of strategic product partners.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Support Tech team by driving complex cross-functional initiatives that help us deliver on our product strategy and business objectives
- Daily management of the program lifecycle, including defining metrics, measuring progress toward objectives, identification of dependencies, risks, and issues, and oversight of budget, resources, deliverables to the program’s outcomes, key documents, and stakeholder communication and alignment
- Monitor program success metrics, provide feedback to cross-functional teams, and be the leadership team’s subject matter expert for all things program related.
- Closely manage cross-functional relationships and ensure there is proactive communication between Product, Engineering, Design, Operations, Clinical, Marketing, and other relevant stakeholders
- Continuously assess impact and launch risk factors and actively work with applicable stakeholders to drive mitigation strategies
- Evaluate and initiate opportunities for continuous process improvements
Who You Are-
- 3+ years demonstrated track record of program management and operational experience.
- Experience working in high-performing product teams, with a focus on cross-functional collaboration, early & rapid testing, and outcomes over output.
- Strong organizational and program management skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- High EQ, strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including comfort and experience interfacing with internal leadership.
- Proven ability to collaborate and drive alignment with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems; ability to think strategically.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and driving for clarity.
- Humble, scrappy, and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Passionate about the mental health space.
- 2+ years of experience in digital health
- High-growth startup experience
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (Modern Health offers 100% coverage for employees and 75% of dependent insurance premiums)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!